October 18, 2019 | Abdalla Hall | 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The recent cybersecurity attacks across the state and country have highlighted that the services of city and local governments, a necessity for the functioning of our society, can come to a halt by a disruption of their IT infrastructure. The goal of the "Acadiana Cybersecurity Forum: Protecting the Public Sector" is to drive awareness of cyber security threats to our local municipal organizations, to share best practices in cybersecurity to responsible managers at the local public entities, and to connect these cybersecurity managers at local public entities to Federal and State resources.
The event is part of the State’s Cybersecurity Awareness Month, a collaborative effort between government and industry to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and to ensure that all Louisianans have the resources they need to be safer and more secure online.
Coffee provided by Cythereal
View morning presentation (Slides) *Not all speakers used slides, some only have a title slide*
View morning session (Video)
View lunch presentation (Slides) sponsored by Hub International with special guest speaker Dorothea Westin, President of CSRisks, a Division of Specialty Program Groups, LLC
Sample Information Security Policies
- State of LA Information Security Policy - https://www.doa.la.gov/OTS/InformationSecurity/LA-InfoSecPolicy-v1.01.pdf
- State of LA Information Security Policy End User Agreement - https://www.doa.la.gov/OTS/Policies/ISP-EndUserAgreement.pdf
- UL Lafayette IT Security Policies - https://servicedesk.louisiana.edu/policies/it-security-policy
Open source tools
- Rock NSM - https://rocknsm.io/
Other agencies and resources
- Center for Internet Security - https://www.cisecurity.org